To our little girl.

Dear Aislyn,

I have been thinking of writing you this letter for a few weeks now, late at night while lying in bed with your daddy I just continually ponder upon how things will change with your arrival.  You don't know it yet but we love you beyond words.  Words will never express the love we have for you and what joy you are about to bring to our family.  We look forward to holding your precious little body in our hands and being able to watch you grow.  We look forward to watching your first smile, first words, first steps, first accomplishments, among many other things.  We look forward to you adding the next step in our family and making us exactly that, a family.

I never thought I would see the day where I would want more than anything in this world to be a mother until I met your dad.  He made me a truly better person and completes me in every way possible.  He adores you already and loves you even through his joking.  Your dad is going to be the most amazing father to you who will love you unconditionally and always be there for you to hug and give you a shoulder to cry on.  I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to being able to hold you in my arms day in and day out, watch your little stages and teach you about all the good things that this world has to offer.  We look forward to loving you and telling you we love you multiple times a day and making sure you know you are loved.

I want you to know that you have brought me more learning and understanding of greater things even before you arrive here in our home.  You have taught me of all things eternal and especially about the plan of salvation and the importance of eternal families.  You have made me a better person even before I can hold you. You have taught me more love than I could have ever known was possible.  I am eternally grateful for the chance to become a mother to you, when I never thought it would be possible for me to have children of my own.  You have brought your dad and I more joy, more love, more appreciation for the simple things in life.  You have already taught us so much and we have so much more to learn and share with you as well.

We are counting down the days until your arrival, we are ready.  We are ready to finally hold our little girl.  We are ready to finally see your beautiful soul and to see the light that you will bring to our family.  We are ready to make our home your home.  We especially want you to know you will always be taken care of and have a secure place, a place of love and safety.  We want you to know that your entire family loves you and wants the best for you.

Your Savior loves you and put you in our  home for a reason.  You are sealed to your parents under the covenant, you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, you are a chosen spirit chosen for this time for a reason.  You will be taught the principles to help you become an example and righteous young daughter.  We want you to marry in the temple and continue on the path of eternal righteousness and be able to one day have a family of your own sealed to you through the covenant.  You are going to be a blessing in our home everyday.  We will love you through all your trials and tribulations.  You will never be truly alone, we will always be your parents.

We will push you to do your best, to strive for perfection in everything you do.  To try with every ounce of energy to succeed.  We will be there for you helping you in school, music, and athletics.  We will provide a foundation for you to grow and flourish upon.  We will be hard on you because we do expect so much of you.  We want you to know that if you work hard, the payoff will be worth it.  In school we want you to try your best and do your best, representing choice character and achieving honors both in citizenship and academics.  We want you to succeed in sports whether that be playing soccer, running track, playing basketball, or dancing, we want you to love what you do.  We want you to go on to achieve a higher education and graduate with a degree in a profession in which you will thrive.

When it comes to dating and marriage, we will be strict as well.  You will date when it is an acceptable age of sixteen, you will go with young men who have high standards and are respectful to you and your morals.  You will enjoy getting to know others, but you will not forget who you are and what you stand for.  Never forget these things, they will bless you in the long run especially in the realm of marriage and selection of your eternal companion.  I hope you can have what your dad and I have.  I am eternally grateful that I am sealed to him for eternity and that every day I fall more in love with him.  You deserve every happiness in the world, never forget that.

Most importantly never forget who you are and that you have a family who loves you.  Never forget that you are a part of our family for a reason and we love you.  To our little girl, we can't wait for you to arrive, and to help complete our family.

We love you,
Mom and Dad

Comments

Popular Posts