Cooking and Baking!

Okay so for those of you that know me... McKenzie... I don't bake or cook... that was until I got married and actually had the desire to do both.  I find myself wanting to learn new things and learn new recipes until I perfect them... so in the last two weeks I have made a couple of things where I actually used a crock pot... yes I love my crock pot.  As well as utilizing the bananas that have been lying around our house.  So here are two crockpot recipes which I made up and a banana bread recipe which I also love.  Google is a wondrous thing.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

4 cans chicken or 3 pieces of lean chicken breast
2 cans of corn (whole kernel)
5 Tbs of dried onions
5 Tbs chicken broth mix
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 bunch of green onions fresh chopped up
1 cup water
2-3 cans of tomatoe soup (or a jar of tomato soup from your garden)
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 cans black beans or kidney beans
4 fresh cut up tomatoes
1 tsp crushed red pepper
4 tsp minced garlic

I like to cook it for 2-3 hours on low, you can add more ingredients or flavoring as needed this is a guestimate but the soup will last for over a week in the fridge.  It is a great starter meal for the week.  If it needs more of something you can throw in carrots, freshly made tortilla strips, cheese, and sour cream... or more seasoning!

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Soup

I made this one up, but ended up loving it.

3 cans cheese starter soup (you can get it at Sam's Club for $5)
2 cups milk
1 cup water
3 cans white chicken breast shredded or 2 pieces of lean chicken breast
1 1/2 cups of rice
3 freshly cut tomatoes
1 Tbs oregano
1 Tbs italian seasoning
1 Tbs crushed red pepper
4 Tbs dried onions
3-4 Tbs chicken broth mix
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
4 tsp minced garlic

This one takes a bit longer to cook and cooked for a little over 3 hours on low.  It also lasts for awhile in the fridge.

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

1 cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temp
2 large eggs
4-6 ripe mashed bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips

Bake at 325 for 1 hour to 70 minutes, if you want to make banana chocolate chip muffins they bake for 23-25 minutes. Good luck!

Comments

Popular Posts