Truths to Motherhood

As I sit and think about the last year with Aislyn I couldn't have imagined where our lives would be or how they would have changed. 

There are amazing moments in being a mother and having the opportunity to be a parent is astonishing. Then there are the not so glamorous moments you want to sweep under the rug. 

I never thought I would have a child that would scream in public, get whiny over dumb things, or throw epic tantrums. But here I am humbled that I've learned in all of these instances. 

I'm THAT mom... The mom who realizes my child isn't anything like how I imagined. She is the light of my life but she challenges me in ways I never imagined. 

There are days where I want to run back and start over. There are days we are in sync and thrive with each other. There are days I just question everything I'm doing. 

The truth of the matter is being a parent is hard. It's the most challenging thing I've ever done in my life. The truth is being a mother and a wife has changed me and my expectations of the real world. I wouldn't trade it for anything. 


Comments

  1. Well said! I totally agree that being a mother is the hardest but most rewarding thing. And I'm still learning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts