Life

 I've had a lot of time on my hands to think about life lately. Deep reflections that involve thinking about every aspect of where my life is heading and where it's gone. I look at where we are and what we are doing. I would have never imagined that I would have all that I have. I'm blessed beyond measure. There is no other way to put it. 


I'm blessed to be a healthy woman who gets to be a wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend. I'm blessed to be me. I was blessed growing up, having a good family and great parents. I have amazing brothers and sisters in laws along with the most adorable nieces and nephews. I thought growing up I would be a working mom who would be home by the time my kids got home. A person who would still go to work everyday outside of the home and have the privilege to get a masters and seek education beyond that like my mother did. I honestly look at women who work full time as heroes. They are amazing! 

It's taken me several months and almost the entire time since being pregnant to come to terms that I'm a stay at home mom. I'm a stay at home mom. I wake up when my baby wakes, my days revolve around her and are almost always unpredictable. I can't predict how she is going to act or what is to happen that day. But every day is a new adventure that I try to learn something new. 

We are now entering into the phase of toddlerhood where Azy is actively learning to throw fits when we don't give into her every whim. She is learning what "no" means and doesn't like it. I watch her sit down and kick her legs in frustration, it doesn't overwhelm me or make me anxious. Instead it's adorable for the most part. It's only because it's my little girl. Her personality is incredible. Her spunk leaves me speechless. Her adoration of all things mom, dad, or baby are heart melting. 


I had the opportunity to teach in church on Sunday and the lesson focused on trials and how we should endure these trials. Motherhood is a trial but I don't feel like I have to endure, I feel privileged to be experiencing the ups and downs with it all. I'm grateful for the fact that I get to be with my family forever. I'm grateful for the amazing little girl who made me a mother. 

Yesterday I had two surgeries done and they basically have left me with being stuck in bed. It's hard to hand over the mom responsibilities to Mike and expect him to care for me and to take care of Aislyn. He has been amazing to me and has been so patient with helping. I'm amazed at how much being a parent just enhances someone. Mike was already a great caretaker but listening and watching take care of Aislyn is astounding. 

I've sucked at this blog thing for awhile and I always try to update or write down certain things or just our regular happenings but life has gotten chaotic lately. Having a toddler is exhausting and so rewarding. We just had her fifteen month wellness check and she is barely on the charts for weight at 16.15 lbs and 30.25". She is an active little thing who is constantly in motion and would love it if she could just explore all day long. 

I would like to hope that she got the good parts out of Mike and I, but it's more entertaining to see what she actually got. She is extremely stubborn and hard headed already. I hate to think she got that from me but she totally did. She loves walking up and giving hugs to your leg or being held. She does not like it when we tell her no. We try not to yell or put her in front of the tv very often as those don't really help her in any way. She knows what the question "are you supposed to do that?" Means and will often shake her head no. She loves snuggling in bed though and is obsessed with peek a boo and itsy bitsy spider. She is now signing a few words and is curious in the potty. When did our little girl grow up so fast?!


Ultimately this is a rambling post of many things. You can probably blame that on the painkillers I'm taking?! But I'm so grateful for the life I have with Mike and Azy. 

Comments

Popular Posts