Thankful

I will admit this post is a wee bit late just a week after Thanksgiving. I can't believe our baby is almost two months old. Time is literally flying by and I still can't believe that this little girl is ours. Some days it is hard to believe that I really am a mom let alone that I love every moment of it. If anyone that knows me and has known me for awhile, they will know two years ago had you of told me I would be married and a mom living in Nebraska I would have laughed at you. Growing up I never had the desire to be a mom let alone a stay at home mother. I always imagined myself working when I had children. I look at where I am today and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. Every day that I wake up next to Mike I'm so grateful to have an eternal companion that I'm sealed to. I look at Azy and I can't believe she is mine. Mike has been amazing and will always help without me asking. He will change dirty diapers, take the late night feedings so I can pump, hold her so I can make dinner or just take a few minutes to myself. I can't believe I have this family and they are going to be with me forever. I thank The Lord everyday for giving me the opportunity to be a mother and a wife. I wouldn't change any of the hard times that come with having a baby for anything. This little girl has already taught me so much about humility and gratitude. I can't wait for the day that she will truly know how much we care about her and how incredibly blessed we are that she chose us to be her parents. We had the privilege to bless her on Sunday and Mike did an amazing job and did such a great job pronouncing the blessing. We were also very blessed to have the support of both families. I can't put into words how amazing it is to listen to the father of your child bless them in the sanctity of the church.  I love the blessings that I have been given and will forever be in debt to The Lord for letting me have the chance to raise such a precious soul and to be able to stay at home with her. Mike and I were talking and we both agree that being a stay at home parent is in some ways so much harder than working full time. I wouldn't want a stranger raising my daughter when we can afford to have me home with her. I treasure all the moments that I get with her and all the snuggles I get everyday. It even makes all the dirty diapers and puking worth it. This little girl has already brought so much joy to our home I can't wait to watch her continue to grow. 

Comments

Popular Posts