...Update...

Alright I fail miserably at updating this thing lately.  Life is chaos.  That is really the only way to describe it to anyone that knows what is going on with Mike and I.  We are in the midst of chaos for the next month or so. Quickly here is the update on the pregnancy...

How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up 19 pounds, I hate getting on the scale!
Maternity clothes? Just pants to be honest, I gave up on maternity shirts they felt like bags on me.
Stretch marks? Not yet!
Sleep: pregnancy insomnia officially set in this week. I get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night.
Best moment this week: Seeing an end in sight with the start of everything (ironic statement much?!)
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Sleeping like a normal person, Mike, and living without rib pain.
Movement: She is kicking and rolling around a ton, might as well enjoy it while she has room.
Food cravings: Water, yogurt, fruits and veggies 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still tomatoes.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, I feel larger everyday.
Gender prediction: Girl!
Labor Signs: Not really but contractions or rather Braxton Hicks contractions seem to be accompanying me a lot these days.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy/Stressed/Anxious/ all of the above!
Looking forward to: Being done with the chaos.

I had the opportunity to have my maternity pictures done by my old roommate while in Utah and I love how they turned out!





copyright Simply Suzy Photography

Now for the fun update.  We are to the last week of our living in Las Vegas.  Needless to say it doesn't feel like home without Mike here. It just feels like a temporary storage unit for all of our stuff.  I am sad to leave our first home but so ready for the next chapter in our lives to start.  Chapter I think.... more like a novel.  We have three major life changes happening within three months of each other.  It is crazy how much life is changing for us and how fast it seems to be going by.  I flew back from Utah yesterday after a two week visit with my family, tried to keep myself busy with learning new things and doing photography.  My mom had her second heart surgery to replace her pacemaker and is recovering well from that .  I came home to an empty house which is seriously depressing.  Now to explain the serious sadness...

Mike left to COT or commissioned officer training at the end of June and will be there until the beginning of August.  It has been a transition for him to say the least due to the strenuous activities and schedules they place on these guys.  They seem to get little to no sleep and have to do physical training everyday and spend a good amount of the day in a classroom learning about the routines of being an officer in the Air Force.  The entire group that is at this training consists of doctors, lawyers, chaplains, and dentists.  If I hear from Mike it is only for a few minutes each day late at night or a random text here and there, but I haven't really been able to talk to him other than Sundays when he has a few more hours for studying.  He seems to be holding up as can be expected.  I give him props for being able to do it all.  I know that he feels bad leaving me here to deal with everything without him but it is nice to actually be progressing with his residency where we can have a sense of normalcy with life of going back to work and having some control over our lives again.

Here are some pictures that have popped up from his COT experience so far though.




As for the other major updates the moving company comes next Thursday to pack our house up and they load us up on Friday, my mother in law and I will be driving to Utah that same night and staying with family for the weekend before starting the drive to Bellevue on the 29th.  I am also excited because I have my baby shower next Saturday and my sister in laws have worked extremely hard to put together a cute event and I am so excited to see the end result! I am more excited to see people and be able to say hello and goodbye as well.  I would rather talk to family and friends than receive a gift any day.  You can't trade those experiences for anything.  Our little girl is already so spoiled and so blessed.  We were lucky enough to secure a house the day before Mike left for COT that isn't on base and one that we are both excited about.  It is a really cute house still close to the base and still in the same ward as the on base housing.  I am excited to finally be in a place where we can enjoy our last few months together before everything changes with Adi coming.   Here's a little sneak peek at our house:







And lastly here is the last picture of our little gal Adi.

My dad said she looks like a blob but looking along the left ridge of the picture is her shin bone going upward and her foot is touching her face, the big circular area on the right is her left eye, side of her nose, and her little lips.  I am so excited to meet this gal and continue on the amazing path of our lives!


Comments

Popular Posts