Being Thankful.



I have to explain myself right away before people read this and think okay that was random...  This pregnancy has been one of the hardest experiences I have had to go through both physically and emotionally. I didn't expect what I got as far as symptoms or rather I had no idea what to expect altogether.  I really thought it would be a cake walk in the park.  Instead I feel like I am losing my mind with patience and I want it to be over everyday.  I have been miserable off and on, which is to be expected but looking back I could have chosen to smile and deal with it rather than complaining.  So to turn that around I am writing everything I am thankful for.

  • I am thankful for having family and friends who listen to me and help me tremendously.  They make my life so much easier while Mike is away.
  • I am thankful for technology, this sounds weird but I would die without gchat and texting, I hate not hearing from Mike and not being to fall asleep next to him every night so that is the next best thing... besides a phone call :)
  • I am thankful for this little girl although she has put me through huge pains and it has been harder than I anticipated it is still a huge miracle.  I am obsessed with her little kicks, even when the knock the wind out of me.
  • I am thankful for having a house and all the blessings we have in it to be comfortable and for a my husband who has supplied us with income to provide for our family a comfortable lifestyle which we are rather spoiled.
  • I am thankful for the gospel, prayer and the scriptures have gotten me through some of the loneliest times while Mike has been away.  I can't pray enough for him and Adi that I find myself praying at random times throughout the day. 
  • I am thankful for the atonement.  I don't need to explain this.
  • I am thankful for the Plan of Salvation and knowing families are forever.
  • I am thankful for my best friend, eternal companion, and better half.  He loves me unconditionally and it is amazing all the things that I took for granted while he was here.  Even the simplest things such as a hug or a kiss, or cuddling with him while I fall asleep.  I couldn't have asked for a better partner in crime and a better person to help me become a better person.  I miss him more everyday and the best part is that we finally hit two weeks left today.   I can't wait to run and give him the biggest hug and kiss at the airport when I pick him up! (Okay more of an awkward waddle I am sure I will be 31 weeks prego by that time just kidding)!  
  • I am thankful for the end in sight with moving and with the pregnancy, for Mike to finally be out of school and practicing dentistry, for our little girl to arrive healthy, and for the next chapter to start!
Being thankful is easier than being miserable so I am choosing to be thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts