Week 8!

So just to PREFACE this post.... we were trying to conceive in December of last year, but due to my body doing what it wanted we thought we were farther along than we really were! So we had our first ultrasound on the 6th of February, but the only thing they could see was a yolk sac and they wouldn't tell me how far along I was! So frustrating! So we went back this past Monday and got to see our little bean for the first time! I drove to St. George and spent the night at our aunt and uncle's house and headed to a different doctor Monday morning! He was fabulous! I would recommend him to anyone! He answered all my dumb questions, took my labwork, and gave me another ultrasound! So I had calculated we were somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks at this point, but he pulled up the baby and low and behold told me I was over 8 weeks! I was ecstatic! This has by far been one of the hardest experiences I have had to endure! I have been struggling with severe morning sickness for the last three weeks, the last two weeks were especially rough! But the baby had a very healthy heartbeat of 161 bpm and was showing developmentally healthy with no abnormalities! The doctor said he couldn't be more pleased with how the baby looked! So excited for a healthy little bean! So a little more about this awesome blessing...

How far along? 8 almost 9 weeks on Saturday!
Total weight gain/loss: I have lost 10 pounds due to nausea!
Maternity clothes? Nope I am still fitting in my size 24 jeans comfortably! Thank goodness!
Stretch marks? Not yet!
Sleep: I am very restless and have gotten a very stiff back this week! Pillows... lots of pillows!
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat! Load of stress gone!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Not really :)
Movement: Not yet!
Food cravings:  Peanut Butter and salad!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Mouthwash, spaghetti, toothpaste, gingerale
Have you started to show yet:  Nope
Gender prediction: I think it is a girl, Mike still thinks it is a boy!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most days when I can keep food down!
Looking forward to: The second trimester and hopefully the nausea going away!

Comments

Popular Posts